- Hawaiian Airlines flight change fees are currently $50-$300 for international flights and $200 for domestic flights ($30 if to a neighboring island).
- To change your flight, visit the Hawaiian Airlines website, find "My Trips", enter the confirmation or ticket number and last name, click the "View My Trip" button, then click the "Change My Flights" button. Follow the instructions to change the flights and pay the fee and fare difference (if any).
- Keep in mind that in addition to the change fee, if the new flight ticket costs more than the old one, you are responsible for the difference in fare.
- For the most up-to-date Hawaiian Airlines flight change fees and rules, use the Hawaiian Airlines website search engine and enter "Fare - Rules Terms & Conditions Voluntary Changes to Tickets Purchased for Travel on Hawaiian Airlines" (or Google it).
Hawaiian Airlines Flight Change Fees
Hawaiian Airlines tickets that are non-refundable, as most are, will incur fees to change the date and/or time of the flights, or to reroute the flights. The fee amount depends on the type of flight and where it originates. Current Hawaiian Airlines flight change fees are:
– $50 to $300 for international flight changes ($50 for flights purchased with HawaiianMiles). Changes on Hawaiian Airlines flights from the USA to Japan cost $300 USD; all other flights from the US are between $50 and $300. Fees to change flights from another country are assessed in that country’s currency. For example, the change fee for flights departing from Australia is $100 AUD.
– $200 for domestic (North America) flight changes ($50 for flights purchased with HawaiianMiles).
– $30 for neighbor island flight changes ($30 for flights purchased with HawaiianMiles).
– Tickets purchased through a third party such as a travel agency may incur additional fees.
How to Change a Hawaiian Airlines Flight
To change your flight, visit the Hawaiian Airlines website, find “My Trips”, enter the confirmation or ticket number and last name, click the “View My Trip” button, then click the “Change My Flights” button. Follow the instructions to change the flights and pay the fee and fare difference (if any).
You can also call Hawaiian Airlines Reservations at 1-800-367-5320.
Refundable Fares: Another Option to Change Your Flight
If you are pretty sure you might need to change your ticket, think about purchasing a refundable fare instead of the cheap fare you’ll be shown after you search for flights on the Hawaiian Airlines website. Refundable fares are more expensive than other fares, but are much more flexible. You can change flight times and/or dates for free, or even cancel the tickets altogether without penalty.
To find refundable fares on Hawaiian Airlines: When searching for flights, look for a checkbox or search option that reads “Refundable Fares Only”. You should be able to spot one pretty easily. Tick the box, then search (or search again, if you are on a flight results page that shows only sale fares).
To decide if the extra cost is worth it or not, compare the refundable fare to the cheap, restricted fare plus the flight change fee. Then you’ll have to factor in the probability that you’ll need to change the flight after it’s purchased – sometimes a really tough call. Often, the increased flexibility of a fully refundable fare makes up for the increased cost, but obviously this will depend primarily on whatever personal or professional circumstances are causing you to be uncertain about your travel plans.
Again, keep in mind that even though changing the flight is free with Hawaiian’s refundable fares, you’re still responsible for any difference in fare if the new flight costs more than the old. Also, you can’t transfer the refundable fares to anyone else.