This page may contain links from which we earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no cost to you. We rely on this income to operate this site. If you use an ad blocker, please consider making a small donation instead. Thank you for your support. Advertising policy
Like other car rental companies, Hertz has more than one type of discount code, and some of them can be used simultaneously. Some codes, like promo codes, are available to everyone. Other codes, like CDP codes, are restricted to certain companies or organizations. The 5 primary kinds of discount codes Hertz uses are CDP codes, PC codes, RQ codes, CV codes, and IT codes.
CDP codes are one of Hertz’s two main types of discount codes. CDP stands for “Counter Discount Program”, but is also sometimes referred to as “Corporate Discount Program” or “club” codes. Hertz uses CDP codes to apply contracted corporate and business rates to rentals. CDP codes are also used for travel club and credit card discount programs.
Hertz issues an exclusive CDP code to each business or organization it has a contract with. CDP codes are numerical, between 1 and 10 digits in length.
Hertz PC codes are six-digit codes that apply discounts for special offers or promotions. PC stands for “Promotion Coupon” or “Promotional Coupon”.
Hertz RQ codes are Rate Codes that provide discounts on standard leisure rates. RQ codes are numerical, between 4 and 6 digits in length.
Hertz CV codes refer to Convention Numbers, which provide contracted, discounted rates for meetings, conferences, and conventions.
IT codes are alpha-numeric Voucher Codes associated with the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program. IT codes are used to claim free days and other rewards.
Yes. Depending on the types of codes used, it’s possible to “stack” or use multiple Hertz codes simultaneously in order to get a bigger discount.
– CDP codes can be stacked with a PC, RQ, or CV code.
– PC codes can be stacked with a CDP or RQ code.
– RQ codes can be stacked with a CDP or PC code.
– CV codes can be stacked with a CDP or RQ code.
How to enter Hertz discount codes
Adding discount codes to a Hertz reservation is simple. Just click the “Add a Discount Code” link as shown in the image below.
Determine which type of Hertz discount code(s) you have, then enter them into the corresponding field(s) and click “Apply”.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Was this article helpful?
We hope you're satisfied with the quality of this article or post. If so, please consider paying an amount that you feel is fair for the content consumed. If not, please contact us to let us know what we can improve.
Why are we asking for this?
- We don't place our content behind a paywall. We believe the internet should be as free and open as possible.
- If you use ad blockers, this restricts our ability to produce revenue from display ads and affiliate links.
- To make your experience better, we limit the types and amounts of display ads we allow on our site.
- Operating a fast, reliable website with quality content is both costly and time-consuming. Your donation helps us to defray some of these costs and develop new content.
Help us keep the internet free. Use this link or the button below to make a secure donation via PayPal.
We appreciate any amount you're willing to pay. Please note that donations are not tax deductible and are non-refundable.