This page may contain links from which we earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no cost to you. We rely on this income to operate this site. If you use an ad blocker, please consider making a small donation instead. Thank you for your support. Advertising policy
The partnership between Etihad Airways and Air Canada allows both carriers to service more destinations and offer more convenient flight options to their passengers than they can alone. It also permits members of Air Canada’s Aeroplan frequent flyer program to earn points for flights operated by Etihad. Here’s what to know.
Can I get Air Canada points for Etihad flights?
Yes. Members of Air Canada’s Aeroplan loyalty program are eligible to earn points for flights on Etihad Airways based on the number of miles flown and a cabin class bonus, if applicable. Be aware, however, that miles and segments flown on Etihad don’t count toward Aeroplan elite status.
Are Etihad and Air Canada partners?
Yes. The partnership between Etihad Airways and Air Canada allows passengers to earn and redeem miles and points with each other’s frequent flyer programs. In addition, Etihad and Air Canada are codeshare partners, which means they operate flights for one another and market the other’s flights using their own flight numbers and airline codes (EY for Etihad and AC for Air Canada).
About Etihad Airways
Based in Abu Dhabi, Etihad Airways is the national airline of the UAE and is consistently rated as one of the world’s best airlines. With more than 75 destinations in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, and North America, Etihad is a convenient and comfortable way to travel the world.
Which Etihad flights are eligible?
Only Etihad booking classes shown in the table below are eligible to earn Aeroplan points. If it’s not in the table, it doesn’t earn points.
Tip: Always keep your ticket and boarding pass until the points have been credited to your account.
How many Air Canada points do Etihad flights earn?
The table below shows the Etihad booking classes that are eligible to earn Aeroplan points. To calculate points earnings, locate your booking class in the table, then multiply the flight distance by the corresponding booking class percentage. For flight distances less than 250 miles, you’ll earn 250 points multiplied by the booking class percentage.
- A few examples:
- Flight distance 2,500 miles in fare class W or Z earns 2,500 x 1.25 = 3,125 points
- Flight distance 2,500 miles in fare class Y or B earns 2,500 x 1.00 = 2,500 points
- Flight distance 2,500 miles in fare class L, V, U, E, or G earns 2,500 x 0.50 = 1,250 points
- Flight distance 220 miles in fare class Y or B earns 220 x 1.00 = 220 points
- Flight distance 220 miles in fare class H, K, M, or Q earns 220 x 0.75 = 165 points
|Class of service||Eligible booking classes||Aeroplan points|
|First Class||F, A||250%|
|Business Class||J, C, D||150%|
|H, K, M, Q||75%|
|L, V, U, E, G||50%|
How to add an Air Canada Aeroplan account to Etihad flights
1. Search for flights on the Etihad Airways website.
2. Select the desired flights and fare type.
3. On the passenger information screen, click “enter your loyalty programme number”. Select Air Canada from the drop-down list and enter your Aeroplan number.
4. Enter passenger information and click the “Continue” button and follow the instructions to complete the booking.
After the flights
- You might also like:
Was this article helpful?
We hope you're satisfied with the quality of this article or post. If so, please consider paying an amount that you feel is fair for the content consumed. If not, please contact us to let us know what we can improve.
Why are we asking for this?
- We don't place our content behind a paywall. We believe the internet should be as free and open as possible.
- If you use ad blockers, this restricts our ability to produce revenue from display ads and affiliate links.
- To make your experience better, we limit the types and amounts of display ads we allow on our site.
- Operating a fast, reliable website with quality content is both costly and time-consuming. Your donation helps us to defray some of these costs and develop new content.
Help us keep the internet free. Use this link or the button below to make a secure donation via PayPal.
We appreciate any amount you're willing to pay. Please note that donations are not tax deductible and are non-refundable.