This page may contain links from which we earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no cost to you. We rely on this income to operate this site. If you use an ad blocker, please consider making a small donation instead. Thank you for your support. Advertising policy
Changing flight reservations to a different time or date can be pretty stressful sometimes, especially if you don’t have enough time to read the fine print. For example, it can be hard to know exactly how to make the changes, whether there’s a time limit to change the flights, or if you’ll be charged a fee when you do so. If you need to make changes to a Hawaiian Airlines flight, we’ve got you covered. Here are the most important things to know, from fees to waivers to vouchers, and more.
Does Hawaiian Airlines charge a fee to change flights?
Hawaiian Airlines does not charge a fee for flight changes for reservations in Main Cabin, First, and Business classes. This is true for tickets purchased with cash and award flights purchased with redeemed HawaiianMiles. Alternatively, you can cancel your Hawaiian Airlines flight for free and receive a credit voucher for travel at a later date.
Even if changes to your Hawaiian Airlines flights are free, you should be aware that if the fare for the new flight is more than you originally paid, you must pay the difference.
Note that Main Cabin Basic fares are not eligible for changes or refunds. It’s a non-refundable, non-transferable, non-changeable fare. Again, make sure you really want this fare before purchasing. When purchasing such fares, it’s always wise to consider a travel insurance policy.
For those wondering how late you can change a Hawaiian Airlines flight, the answer is any time prior to its departure. To avoid complications, however, it’s best to make flight changes at least 12-24 hours in advance.
How to change Hawaiian Airlines flights online
- On the Hawaiian Airlines homepage, click the Manage Flights tab at the top, then click My Trips.
- Enter itinerary number or confirmation code and passenger last name.
- On the itinerary page, click the “Change Flights” link located at right above the trip summary.
- Select the passenger(s) for whom you’d like to change flights and click Continue.
- Select the flights you’d like to change. Edit the route and travel dates and click “Search for New Flights”.
- Select your new flights.
- Review itinerary, then click Continue.
- Select new seats.
- Review itinerary and seats, then click Book This Trip to purchase.
- If you receive an error message or are unable to change the flights, contact Hawaiian Airlines customer service.
How do I change flights purchased from a third-party?
If you purchased Hawaiian Airlines flights from a travel agent, an online travel agency like Orbitz or Expedia, or another airline, you must contact that third party to make changes to the flight itinerary. Be aware that Hawaiian Airlines charges a fee of $25 to $35 to change third-party tickets.
- You might also like:
- Hawaiian Airlines economy class guide
- How to upgrade on Hawaiian Airlines
- Deciphering Hawaiian Airlines fare classes
Was this article helpful?
We hope you're satisfied with the quality of this article or post. If so, please consider paying an amount that you feel is fair for the content consumed. If not, please contact us to let us know what we can improve.
Why are we asking for this?
- We don't place our content behind a paywall. We believe the internet should be as free and open as possible.
- If you use ad blockers, this restricts our ability to produce revenue from display ads and affiliate links.
- To make your experience better, we limit the types and amounts of display ads we allow on our site.
- Operating a fast, reliable website with quality content is both costly and time-consuming. Your donation helps us to defray some of these costs and develop new content.
Help us keep the internet free. Use this link or the button below to make a secure donation via PayPal.
We appreciate any amount you're willing to pay. Please note that donations are not tax deductible and are non-refundable.