We may earn a commission if you buy through some of the links on this page, at no cost to you. Advertising policy
Changing flight reservations to a different time or date can be pretty stressful sometimes, especially if you don’t have enough time to read the fine print. For example, it can be hard to know exactly how to make the changes, whether there’s a time limit to change the flights, or if you’ll be charged a fee when you do so. If you need to make changes to a Hawaiian Airlines flight, we’ve got you covered. Here are the most important things to know, from fees to waivers to vouchers, and more.
Does Hawaiian Airlines charge a fee to change flights?
Hawaiian Airlines does not charge a fee for flight changes for reservations in Main Cabin, First, and Business classes. This is true for tickets purchased with cash and award flights purchased with redeemed HawaiianMiles. Alternatively, you can cancel your Hawaiian Airlines flight for free and receive a credit voucher for travel at a later date.
Even if changes to your Hawaiian Airlines flights are free, you should be aware that if the fare for the new flight is more than you originally paid, you must pay the difference.
Note that Main Cabin Basic fares are not eligible for changes or refunds. It’s a non-refundable, non-transferable, non-changeable fare. Again, make sure you really want this fare before purchasing. When purchasing such fares, it’s always wise to consider a travel insurance policy.
For those wondering how late you can change a Hawaiian Airlines flight, the answer is any time prior to its departure. To avoid complications, however, it’s best to make flight changes at least 12-24 hours in advance.
How to change Hawaiian Airlines flights online
- On the Hawaiian Airlines homepage, click the Manage Flights tab at the top, then click My Trips.
- Enter itinerary number or confirmation code and passenger last name.
- On the itinerary page, click the “Change Flights” link located at right above the trip summary.
- Select the passenger(s) for whom you’d like to change flights and click Continue.
- Select the flights you’d like to change. Edit the route and travel dates and click “Search for New Flights”.
- Select your new flights.
- Review itinerary, then click Continue.
- Select new seats.
- Review itinerary and seats, then click Book This Trip to purchase.
- If you receive an error message or are unable to change the flights, contact Hawaiian Airlines customer service.
How do I change flights purchased from a third-party?
If you purchased Hawaiian Airlines flights from a travel agent, an online travel agency like Orbitz or Expedia, or another airline, you must contact that third party to make changes to the flight itinerary. Be aware that Hawaiian Airlines charges a fee of $25 to $35 to change third-party tickets.
- You might also like:
- Hawaiian Airlines economy class guide
- How to upgrade on Hawaiian Airlines
- Deciphering Hawaiian Airlines fare classes